Looking for a dental career in Halifax? Join the Gladstone Dental team.
Current Open Positions
Dental Hygienist - Gladstone Dental Centre
Gladstone Dental Centre has been serving the Halifax community for many years and offers a wide range of dental services, including general dentistry, cosmetic, Invisalign, dental implants, root canals, wisdom teeth extractions, and sedation options.
We are conveniently located in the Gladstone Professional Building on North Street, by the Sobeys, We offer extended hours for patients who require emergency dental services, or who would like to come in and visit the dentist before and after work and school.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.5 stars on Google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning, and innovative technology.
Additionally, through working within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Schedule: We are open to accommodating your availability, apply today and let's discuss a schedule that works for you!
Monday (8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.)
Tuesday & Thursday (8:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.)
Friday (8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.)
Benefits of Joining Our Team:
Total rewards package that offers discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products, services and so much more!
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services
Career development to grow and evolve as a dental professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education
Attend social and CE events to network with dental professionals in your community
Work-life balance and flexibility
Access to modernized technology to provide optimal oral care to patients
- Appropriately assess, plan, implement and evaluate services for patient care
- Perform all aspects of clinical preventative hygiene services including scaling, root planing, polishing, topical fluoride, pit and fissure sealants and whitening to patients
- Serve as an oral health educator by introducing new preventative techniques and counselling
- Provide a consistent patient experience during each hygiene visit
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical and professional behaviour
- Establish and retain patient loyalty by delivering a tailored experience based on the patients’ expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Successful completion of a Dental Hygiene Diploma or Hygiene Degree program
- Registered with the College of Dental Hygienists of Nova Scotia (C.D.H.N.S)
- Valid CPR Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dental software considered an asset
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Submit your resume to be notified about future openings in your area.
From Our Dental Team
Our team of dental professionals is dedicated to caring for the smiles of patients in the Halifax community. We welcome you to join our team.
Why work at Gladstone Dental?
Gladstone Dental is proud to be an active member of the Halifax community, and strives to provide exceptional oral health care for individuals and families.
Our team is committed to clinical excellence and aims to create a positive patient experience. We care for our people and seek, as a team, to provide comprehensive dentistry to our patients.